Friday, April 21, 2017

Autodesk Desktop App Up but Mostly Down

I was pleasantly surprised when Ada started working right after installing Revit 2018. It managed to work long enough to get most everything else installed. I wrote long enough because it attempted to apply FormIt updates for 2017 and 2018 yesterday and ended with failure to install messages.


No sign of Ada since and now I get a nice FormIt error when I launch Revit. I guess I'll just have to get along without it or Ada...until Revit 2019?

6 comments:

Simon Weel said...

Ah, them Desktop App... It could be such a handy tool. When introduced a couple of years ago, it was a pretty bare thing - not much use. But it had that handy 'write-a-suggestion' button. And so I did. My idea for ADA was something like Windows Update - the pre-Windows 10 version that is. Gather updates for applications used throughout the company and deploy them to the clients. Alas, a couple of years later, it's still the same thing - not much use. Oh well, we've done without it before...

Duncan Macdonald said...

I've got the same error.

Jean-Marc COUFFIN said...

+1

Steve said...

Hmm, I wonder if the installation failed because I've never run FormIt on my computer so the patch couldn't be applied?

Unknown said...

Doing a "Repair" on 'Formit Converter for Revit 2018' in Windows Control Panel 'Uninstall or change a program' fixes the issue.
Or at least it did for me.

Steve said...

Thanks Barry, stopped the app error from occurring when I open Revit.